Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Finally the Peregrine prototypes are here!


After a number of setbacks and unexpected delays, we took delivery of four frames and forks yesterday. There are a few things which already I can say will need changing for the production framesets, but overall I'm extremely pleased with how they've come together.


I built this one up quickly with a few bits I had getting around, and initial impressions are excellent. Quick and light feeling to the ride, but reassuringly stable. These will be extensively tested over the summer by a few eager volunteers in a number of guises- geared road tourer, doublespeed rambler, we might even try a Shimano Alfine group -more reports to come...


The beautiful solid silver Peregrine headbadge with thanks to Jen Green at headbadges.com (silver Swift headbaadges are also now available).

4 comments:

  1. Any chance of some 'clicky make biggy' pictures?

    Looks nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,

    Any chance of a proto and/or productionframe in Large with cantistuds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way... if you need any eager volunteers in Germany, I'm happy to sign up. I've got the Alps out my back door and can do a lot of mountain road testing.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm - tried to make them big but somehow blogger doesn't want to cooperate. If you'd like bigger pics please just send me an email on sam@singularcycles.com.

    Also feel free to get in touch regarding testing the prototypes we have here.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete