Monday, July 31, 2006




I've had a few new prototypes arrive along with a new fork design.

The new frames are looking really nice, these are in a smaller size - 23" ETT, and use thinner stays. This brings the overall frame weight down to a little over four pounds - very decent indeed.

One of these is the first geared specific Singular - this one built up for my girlfriend. I have to say I'm really happy how the colour on this one has turned out - it's a beautiful metallic coppery colour. I think that this one along with the airforce blue could be the colour options offered for production.

The new forks are the real revelation. They're a unicrown design using Reynolds 520 blades. They've got just they right amount of give for a lovely supple ride without being overly flexy under braking. As an added bonus they also look much cleaner and nicer than the original segmented fork.

Sam
sam@singularcycles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment